About Me

My photo
I'm a guy who likes to cook, eat, and drink, but not necessarily in that order. This blog is nothing fancy; just my random thoughts about anything that can be baked, roasted, or fried. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Time to Preheat the Oven!

Starting Up a New Blog

Today is the first day of my new blog: Baked, Roasted, or Fried. Not really sure where this blog will end up. In fact, I don't know even know where it will start. I do know that this blog will be about food, cooking, and everything in between. Speaking of not knowing where to start, cooking is often that way. Just like the writer who stares at a blinking cursor trying to figure out what to write, the cook sometimes has trouble figuring out what to cook. Like the writer who has his or her many crutches to help the creative juices flow or certain ceremonies to initiate the next great American novel, may cooks do too. For me, it starts with a plain white apron that should have been washed about six or seven meals ago; a thorough washing of the hands;  a bottle of wine (maybe another one with the meal); and some French cafe music (not kidding here). So, to help get this blog cooking, I invite others to post about the little rituals that get them started in the kitchen.

Bon appétit! 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! When I cook -- and yes, occasionally I do cook, I get my ideas from reading cookbooks and travel magazines about great meals. There is one I have been holding onto for years that describes a meal that Thomas Jefferson had at Monticello, and which I would one day love to recreate.

    ReplyDelete